Nice to meet you
I’m Jennifer, a sartorialist on a budget who regards style as one’s personal statement of self-expression. A commonly held misconception is that “style” is equivalent to “fashion.” Fashion is toted by the It Girls of the moment and is dictated by ever-changing trends that rotate in and out of vogue. Style, on the other hand, runs much deeper. It is unique to the individual and is a result of one’s cultivated tastes, values, and creativity. It is a personal, one-of-a-kind, genuine expression of self. Fashion can be bought; style cannot. I’m excited to share my own style with you as I explore the world armed with a wardrobe, a sense of adventure, and a healthy dose of wit.
Wanna get to know me better?
I’m flattered. Here’s the low-down:
- Born: Seattle, Washington
- Raised: Also Seattle. My childhood involved lots of running around outdoors while getting soaked to the bone from all the rain. (Side note: outdoor sports are not for the faint of heart come October through July). I also developed a strong love of black coffee from my parents.
- Schooled: I moved to LA to continue my studies, and earned a Bachelors of Arts degree. During this time I also studied abroad and traveled Europe for a year.
- Favorite (non style-related) pastime: TRAVELING. Skiing also ranks very high on my list, particularly when combined with the former.
- “Cool! How many countries have you visited?” 18 (and counting!)
- Favorite food: Coffee and chocolate and peanut butter. Bonus points if any categories can be combined.
Relationships are a two-way street.
Follow State of DisDress to join the fun and stay in-the-known on all the current happenings (see the handy buttons below). Also, follow me on Instagram @stateofdisdress (also linked below) to see my latest looks! If you feel like chatting, shoot me a message here. And as always, comment to let me know your thoughts on anything and everything!